Communal activities are on hold until further notice per CDC/CMS recommendations. The activity department is providing activities for residents in their rooms. Families have been able to make appointments to talk to residents via Facetime and/or Zoom. Please call (574) 272-0100 extension 204 to set up a time to speak to your loved one.
Activities is accepting donations to be dropped off at our front desk. The following items would be greatly appreciated to assist our residents in this time of need.
- Word Search & Cross Word Books
- Adult Coloring Books and Colored Pencils
- 500 or less piece puzzles
- Kleenex boxes
Dynamic Programs for Everyone
We believe that participation in activities greatly enhances a resident’s quality of life. That’s why we offer our residents a wide variety of options throughout the year. Healthwin residents are as busy as they choose to be!
Take a look at some of our popular activities below. Please check our Activities Calendar for specific dates and times.
Bingo – games held several times a week, in the afternoons or evenings
Baking – offered on Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. in the activity kitchen
Pet Therapy – staff members, the humane center and other organizations bring pets for residents to enjoy throughout the week
Manicures – offered Saturday mornings or by appointment in the Blue Room
Crafts – offered throughout the week and include ceramics, basic crafts and jewelry making
Cards and Dice – games provide great opportunities for our residents to meet and socialize with other card and dice lovers
Movies – shown Tuesdays, featuring popcorn
Small Groups – offered throughout the facility to reach people of various cognitive levels
Lunch Bunch – held monthly with meals catered in from a rotating list of restaurants for a rotating group of patients and staff
Men’s Groups – offered each week with activities are geared toward men’s interests, such as woodworking, model airplanes and trains
- Mass – held Sundays at 10:00 a.m. in the main dining room. For those who are unable to make it to Mass, Eucharist ministers offer communion in rooms.
- Services – non-denominational church service is offered every Sunday at 2 p.m. in the main dining room. Churches in the community come in on a monthly schedule to lead the service.
- 1st and 5th Sundays – Coulter’s Chapel
- 2nd Sunday – St Paul’s Lutheran Church
- 3rd Sunday – Christ Chapel
- 4th Sunday – Christ Chapel
- Rosary – rosary CD available upon request in the chapel. On Fridays at 3 p.m., rosary is facilitated by Father Ron in the chapel.
Activities are subject to change due to special events and seasonal activities. Please see the Activity Calendar for current information.